European VAT Assistant Manager
The European VAT Assistant Manager Role is a key managerial position within the European Indirect Tax team which will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to help this established multinational automotive company to achieve its key deliverable to meet the company’s VAT obligations across Europe and to provide real time support to the business.
Based in its European HQ in Bracknell the role requires good knowledge of UK and European VAT legislation since the company operates throughout Europe and takes the lead for managing the obligations arising from the Senior Accounting Officer legislation across the companies in the UK.
The role is just not about compliance but is also very strategic in its focus
- Create training to develop Tax Analysts and the wider SSC VAT Team.
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to the business.
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Responsible for managing risk and compliance for all VAT, Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches. Recommending countermeasures where appropriate.
- Take ownership of the review and compliance management of the SAO Group for 8 UK entities.
- Manage the process of Pan-E VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change.
- Provide Specialist support to department manager
- Provision of VAT advice internally, externally and to the business in Europe
- Provide analysis for business change projects.
- Preparation, reconciliation, analysis and management of issues arising for all returns and adapt as required to meet changing needs
- Review the UK and branch returns and deadlines to ensure compliance and risk management for timely and accurate reporting of all VAT, Intrastat, Sales Listing and other VAT related local and annual returns.
- Identify VAT risks and maximise planning opportunities. Supporting business units in managing these risks and implementing any relevant planning opportunities. Plan in countermeasures and propose where needed
- Manage tax audits to promptly and effectively respond to requests and take necessary mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Create and monitor VAT training needs in business, SSC.
- Keep the business Informed s of all relevant VAT rate and legal changes and ensuring systems updated.
- Identify and act on opportunities to optimise the recovery of input VAT, maximising any cashflow savings opportunities which may exist as well as reacting to case law to interpret impact for the company and assess any associated risks for compliance.
- Promote the profile of VAT within the Group.
The successful European VAT Assistant Manager will have a track record of technical excellence in VAT, either through a career path within a major accounting firm or within an international industry role with cross border VAT knowledge and EU regulation experience in multiple jurisdictions and in return will receive a daily rate of between £200-£300 per day. The contract is expected to last at least 6 months with a small amount of International Travel