We are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Senior to join an established independent Chartered Accountancy practice with a reputation for providing a high quality service.
You will be dealing with the accounting and business tax requirements for clients. An awareness of tax is required generally to be able to give clients some basic advice but there is support in-house to deal with complicated tax issues and tax planning.
Client Manager / Accounts Senior - Northamptonshire
Summary of role
· Manage the day to day requirements of a portfolio of owner managed businesses, incorporating sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
· Preparation of statutory accounts for incorporated businesses
· Preparation of corporation tax computations and related returns
· Preparation of charity accounts / independent examinations
· Tax awareness with regard to Income Tax, Corporation Tax and (to a lesser extent) VAT
· There may be some audit involved but audit experience is not essential as support will be provided where required
· Review of accounts working paper files
· Ad hoc assignments as required for senior management
The Partners pride themselves on providing a highly efficient service to clients, being both pro-active and commercial, always looking for ways to help clients. You will play a leading role in the provision of that level of service and be encouraged to develop your skills and experience.
The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude and a friendly, approachable manner. You will have good organisational skills, an ability to learn quickly and work well under minimal supervision.
· Must have previous experience gained up to senior level with a professional firm of accountants
· Confident communication skills dealing with clients.
· Software used is varied but Sage experience is preferred and Iris experience would be an advantage
· Organised with the ability to work independently
Salary will depend on experience and ability but expected to be c£35K - £40K.