Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are currently looking for a Financial Accountant for 12 month Fixed-Term contact for our client based in Swindon.
Primarily responsible for account, month end close, accounts payable, treasury, VAT, payroll taxes and pension accounting.
Management of 1 direct report of a junior accountant and supervision of outsources accounts payable and accounting teams.
- Review and approval of journals, balance sheet reconciliations and other accounting transactions prepared by the outsourced and internal accounting teams.
- Preparation of more complex journals and balance sheet reconciliations for approval by the finance manager.
- Control of intercompany accounting / reconciliationâ€™s.
- Management of the month end close process in line with corporate timetables.
- Assisting finance manager with statutory reporting, transfer price reporting and analysis and corporation tax filings.
- Ensure that the outsourced accounts payable process work effectively.
- Support outsourced accounts payable team members
- Ensure that concur (online T&E tool) works in line the with the UK Travel and Expense policy.
- Review and approve expense claims as required.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Working with the corporate Treasury function to ensure that the UK bank accounts operate effectively and excess cash is invested appropriately.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns, Intrastats and EC Sales Listings.
- Working with the corporate VAT team and external provider to ensure Irish VAT returns are correct.
- Preparation of balance reconciliations for VAT related accounts.
- Dealing with HMRC on PAYE and NI issues.
- Preparation of monthly payroll journal and payroll related balance sheet reconciliations.
- All payroll related reporting to HMRC â€" P35, P11d, S42, PSA ect.
- Providing support and advice to HR department over PAYE and NI issues.
- Dealing with HRMC on PAYE and NI issues.
- Accounting for the pension plan this will include maintaining cashbook and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Manage investments of the pension plan based on instructions for Financial Director.
- Preparation of statutory filing for the pension plan.
- Dealing with pension plan auditors and actuaries.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for all pension related accounts. Â
Necessary education and experience;
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience in working in a senior finance position.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Experience of managing a team across multiple locations.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong people management skills.
Salary range 45 k- 55k
Please call 01793 571900 for more details.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.