Accountant and Office Manager
MAIN DUTIES :
1. To maintain and supervise the maintenance of the books of account and ledgers of BAWA ensuring that all financial transactions are posted and balanced to a Trial Balance leading to the production of :-
- Periodic income and expenditure accounts.
- Quarterly accounts including a membership analysis.
- Year End Accounts
- Forecasts and Budgets
2. To supervise the running of BAWA’s in-house weekly payroll ensuring that Inland Revenue and other statutory requirements are met and maintain information for BAWA’s external monthly payroll to be run.
3. To be responsible for the staff running the Benefits Fund ensuring that payments fall within the scheme rules having been approved by the Financial Conduct Authority.
4. To be the legal promoter of BAWA’s Prize Draw and supervise its operation.
5. To progress payment of outstanding invoices and take action against bad debtors.
6. To ensure that payments of BAWA’s VAT, IPT, Corporation Tax, Income Tax and National Insurance are made in a timely and accurate manner and submit statutory returns as appropriate.
7. To assist as required in the production of bank reconciliation statements each period and the resolution of differences for the accounts.
8. To manage BAWA’s bank accounts ensuring that there are sufficient funds in BAWA’s current account at all times.
9. To be a signatory on BAWA’s bank accounts having been approved by its bank.
10. To maintain contact with BAWA’s stockbroker and record transactions made.
11.T o act as secretary to BAWA’s Trustees including sub-committees.
12. To present financial information at management meetings, Trustee meetings, staff meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
13. To manage the staff in the Administration and Accounts office, including but not limited to :-
- the procedure for paying suppliers, of checking invoices, obtaining authorisation and raising and despatching cheques.
- the production of invoices to customers.
- the collection of cash and cheques from the Leisure Centre followed by the preparation for banking.
- the collection and recording of cash held in various electronic machines.
- the system of payments of claims from the Benefits Fund.
- the operation of the database of details of Members and issue of membership cards.
- the system of notification of payroll deductions and direct debit payments.
14. To carry out annual appraisals of the performance of subordinate staff.
15. To select subordinate staff when vacancies occur.
16. To ensure that office equipment and furniture are adequate and safe.