Robert Half are currently partnering exclusively with Red House Foods, an FMCG organisation based in Amesbury who specialise in producing gluten-, wheat-, and dairy-free foods without compromising on taste or quality from their traditional alternatives. We are now seeking an experience, qualified Financial Controller to finance function, to run the Finance function together with one direct report, to integrate information from all other functions, to control cash, and to induce prioritised actions by reporting on product costs, alongside the Operations Director.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role will be very hands-on and we are seeking a candidate with experience working in SME organisations, ideally within the FMCG sector.
- Monthly production of management accounts
- Annual production of financial accounts and company reports
- Weekly cash flow forecast and working capital, taking account of latest forward production plans and stock levels
- Ensure company-wide budgets are in place and report actuals against budget to the Board on a monthly basis
- Prepare annual budget
- Report to Board on overall causes of difference in Gross Profit to budget arising from factory operations
- Report weekly to Operations Director on factory ingredients/packaging usage including yield losses, labour, and production KPI's
- Provide recommendations for actions and changes to reduce factory costs, in conjunction with senior staff members
- CAPEX tracking and reporting
- Monitor value of stock against budgets and needs
- Provide monthly accruals and reconciliations of stock ledger to production system
- Provide monthly accruals and prepayments for all appropriate expense items
- Provide a challenge mechanism to reduce costs by use of alternate suppliers, ingredients/packaging, together with Development, Production, and Buying
The successful candidate will display the following core competencies:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience in manufacturing or FMCG
- Experience factory accounting, cash management, etc.
- Comfortable in a hands-on environment
- Experience leading and developing a small finance team
- Ability to get on well with everyone in an SME organisation, whilst maintaining budgetary control
- Advanced Excel skills, and experience with SAGE 50 (or similar accounting software) highly beneficial.
Salary & Benefits
£40-50k per annum, plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.