Commercial Finance Manager
Euro Car Parts (LKQ Corporation)
LKQ Corporation is a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $8 billion worldwide and more than 40,000 employees across 20 countries.
Euro Car Parts an LKQ company, is the fastest growing largest automotive aftermarket specialist in Europe, with over 9,000 employees in over 200 branches within the UK, and numerous European locations.
Continued phenomenal growth in both the UK and Europe pushing turnover in excess £1bn, it is the Passion, high energy, tenacity and a “will to win” that are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth.
Commercial Finance Manager – Branch Finance
Team: Branch Finance (part of the ECP Finance function)
Head of Branch Finance
Key Objectives of the role
To support the Ecommerce, Key Accounts and Garage Equipment teams in the planning, delivery and reporting of their financial and commercial performance generating accountability for the financial results. The combined annual turnover of these sales channels is in excess of a quarter of a billion pounds and is supported by a large and diverse team.
All channels have experience significant growth in recent years and are vital to the continued success of ECP both in the UK and Europe.
The role holder will be required to build close working relationship with both the channel teams and the wider finance teams bringing clarity, analytical insight and rigor to all financial and commercial processes.
To achieve this the Finance Manager must have a focused and determined character coupled with an inquisitive and analytical mind, being able to see the bigger picture whilst also ensuring the fundamentals are in place.
Equally important are excellent communications skills and a real passion for seeing the business continue to be successful.
Areas covered included
Supporting the Ecommerce, Key Accounts and the Garage Equipment teams in delivering;
- Sales & Margin performance – provide timely and robust insight and analysis to support product, customer and branch growth
- Help formulate and drive plans to correct any underperformance and conversely maximise and opportunities that arise
- Competitor / market analysis to support ECP plans
- Monthly targeting setting for sales & margin
- Appraise new sales and incentive schemes to ensure they drive incremental contribution for the business
- Review new and existing customer contracts / renewals
- Lead all stakeholder business performance reviews
- Support potential partnerships, acquisitions to further grow the channels
- Manage all direct overheads including people, distribution and support costs
- Manage all Capital and other Business Case requests for the sales channels including decision support and pre and post spend review
- Deputise for the Head of Branch Finance and help lead the wider Branch Finance team
- Support Acquisition processes as required, including due diligence and pro forma preparation
All of the above wrapped up in;
- Analytical reporting
- Audit / control
- Monthly target setting
- Annual strategic plan
- Annual budgeting and rolling forecast processes
- Supporting ECP initiatives – driving profitable sales, efficient resource planning, cost savings, investment trials
Qualified Accountant with significant commercial experience including supporting and challenging operational and non-finance teams
Experience of owning the end to end finance support for individual sales channels / segments
Be able to demonstrate examples of directly contributing to the profitability of a business unit
Team Management – no direct reports in this role but will be required to do so in the future either through expansion of team or job rotation / promotion
Strong system, data and reporting skills
Automotive or Retail experience (non-essential)
Drive for results
Comfortable building strong working relationship
Self-aware and is keen to develop themselves and others in the team