Reports To: Supervisors/Managers/Partners
Department: General Practice
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Carry out audit / accounts and related tax assignments;
- Involvement in planning of assignments;
- Take responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting deadlines;
- Setting objectives for more junior staff and supervise on site, reviewing their work and coaching on the job where necessary;
- Any other special work as required.
- Responsible for auditing of companies including planning and finalisation of jobs, in a wide range of sectors;
- Present on-site for audit;
- Supervision of the audit team on-site;
- Preparation of tax computations and Corporation Tax returns (CT600);
- Preparation of accounts of companies, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations;
- Close liaison with clients, and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Partner Levels;
- Motivation and encouragement of team;
- Promoting the interests of the firm with all employed by the firm, clients, prospective clients and other third parties;
- Generally, to provide a personal, professional, speedy and efficient service to the firm’s clients.
- To attend client gatherings or client seminars on an ad-hoc basis so that there is plenty of support for events. Active involvement in annual bench-marking survey for marketing and media clients;
- Spotting Practice Development opportunities with clients and progressing these in liaison with Partner.
- Using imagination to come up with innovative ideas to improve systems currently in practice with regards to client or staff matters.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified to ACA level with 3-4 years’ practice experience;
- Top 100 firm;
- Must have completed 2 audits in the last year with a turnover of £25-100m;
- Solid UK GAAP experience;
- Technically competent;
- Good understanding of corporate tax;
- High level of personal motivation;
- Good communicator - able to get on with Clients/Trainees;
- Willing to get involved and help clients;
- Ability to organise, motivate and encourage the team;
- Personable and confident - clients should feel confident of their ability to relate to them;
- Ability to prioritise work - time management;
- Ability to meet deadlines and get the 'job’ done.
- 22 days’ annual leave;
- Life cover;
- Critical Illness cover;
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- 3% contributory pension - increasing with length of service;
- Access to a dental scheme;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Access to Dental;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Private healthcare;
- Interest free Season ticket loan;
- Salary reviews twice a year.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers