Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant / Accounts Clerk
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Cheltenham, GL54
Our client provides compliance and oversight services to financial advisers that are both independent and restricted. They support advisers across all areas of their business in an attempt to ensure their clients are getting the best advice. The company are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
The purpose of the role is to support the finance team in providing an excellent service to internal and external clients.
- Daily cash book posting into Sage
- Inputting Direct Debits into Sage on a weekly basis.
- Identify all incoming commission by working with members and providers.
- Work with administrators to ensure all incoming commission statements are emailed to members.
- Liaising with providers regarding novations, new agencies and clawbacks
- Assisting other colleagues with sending letters for Accounts team
- Scan and upload clawback statements to Phossil (in house system)
- Answer member queries as they arise.
- Assistance with sales/purchase invoicing and expenses as required by the accounts team.
- Provide assistance and cover as required for the accounts team
- Support for integration of other group companies into the finance team.
- Ensure all duties are carried out with "Treating Customers Fairly" requirement
- Positive and enthusiastic manner
- Desire to develop and learn as part of a small team
- IT literate With strong Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Being able to prioritise workload
- Experience working with Sage would be helpful but not essential
- Ideally studying towards AAT or willingness to do so
- Would suit a graduate
Please click the APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Accounts Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping, Credit Controller, Accountancy Graduate, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger will also be considered for the role.