Our work programme is focused on three areas that impact on all departments'' performance in achieving value for money: improving financial management and reporting; making better use of information; and ensuring that services are delivered cost-effectively. Our work leads to savings and other efficiency gains worth many millions of pounds.
The National Audit Office requires support during peak times throughout the audit cycle. As either a temporary member of staff or a contractor, this opportunity places you at the forefront of all developments in central government audits.
As someone who is clear and concise, analytical and CCAB qualified/part qualified, you will have recent experience auditing public sector organisations, or if your external audit expertise is gained in the private sector, you will have audited private sector businesses of a similar size.
Candidates looking to apply must have:
- the ability to work in small teams and liaise with staff, both financial and non-financial, in client departments
- experience of external audit only
- experience of auditing public sector accounts/large company audit.
Ideally, you will have prepared audit plans, assessed staff budgets and conducted fieldwork (compliance and substantive testing, analytical review, etc.), particularly for the more complex and high-risk accounts or areas of accounts. You will have experience of producing high quality audit write-ups and submitted complete audit work.
Candidates looking to apply must be willing to travel.
The National Audit Office is looking to interview end of March/beginning of April. Contracts will vary from two weeks to thirteen weeks.
These positions are a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to the day-to-day work at the NAO whilst having the responsibility of working with public money and on public spending. You can make a real difference in these critical roles across the UK.
Ref Code: ADV351291AA2
Closing Date: 13/04/12
More searches like this
- Accounts Assistant Public sector / NGO jobs in North East England
- Audit Public sector / NGO jobs in North East England
- Business Analyst Public sector / NGO jobs in North East England
- Corporate Finance Public sector / NGO jobs in North East England
- Credit Control Public sector / NGO jobs in North East England