If you are new to an entry-level accounting role, have experience in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA or have no existing experience the combined AAT Level 2 & Level 3 in Accounting course combines two qualifications in one, for an economical route to the penultimate level of the AAT Qualification.
This course will provide you with a solid understanding of both basic and complex accounting processes, teaching you how to work with manual and computerised accounting systems. The process of double-entry bookkeeping, the formal preparation of accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, company forecasting, and budgeting will be taught.
The Level 3 Diploma is the penultimate level of the AAT Qualification; taking you one step closer to full Accounting Technician status.
A career in accounting means working in-depth in the accountancy and finance sector, by recording, analysing and reporting on its financial activity. It is a well-paid and clearly defined career with huge potential in terms of career progression, opportunities and success.
Previous experience could be a strong advantage for you if you’re going into this career as you’d have already picked up skills that you’d be able to transfer to your new career such as general office skills and IT skills, skills in business administration and management.
• Double AAT Awards 2016 winners
• All inclusive payment – no need to book exams
• Live online classes – not just pre-recorded
• Premium access to our Career Guidance Hub
• Flexible payment plans of 12, 24 and 36 months
• Study on your device, whenever and wherever suits you
• The best support for the new AAT synoptic assessments
There are some changes that have been made to syllabus including synoptic exams at the end of each level and the grading system has been made simpler. We have developed a dedicated module in the course to help support and prepare our students.
“Since having started on the course I’ve got a part-time job as an Invoice Processor. My goal is to complete all my AAT levels and go on to do my CIMA to become a Chartered Accountant.” – Beth Motts Hammond
Those with little or no experience of accounting, who wants to gain the practical skills required for and Accountancy and Finance and make a rewarding, fulfilling career from doing something that there’s interest in.
• Bookkeeping transactions (BTRN)
• Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL)
• Elements of Costing (ELOC)
• Work effectively in accounting and finance (WEFN)
• Using Accounting Software (UCAS)
• Advanced Bookkeeping (AVBK)
• Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR)
• Indirect Tax (IDRX)
• Management Accounting: Costing (MMAC)
• Ethics for Accountants (ETFA)
• Spreadsheets for Accounting (SPSH)
11 x Online units
9 x Computer Based Assessments – taken at an external test centre
2 x synoptic assessments – taken at an external test centre.
What is included:
• Printed course materials and online eBooks
• Sage ONE Accounts software
• One-to-one tutorial support
• Regular live online classes
• 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
• Personalised individual study plan
• Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
• Exams and booking service
• Specialist Career Management service
What makes studying with Home Learning College different?:
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 92% pass rates: significantly higher than the AAT national average
• Largest distance learning provider for AAT qualifications
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 24 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the leading awarding body for skills based accounting qualifications, awarding 90% of all vocational qualifications in finance and accounting. These qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised making you highly attractive to employers.
• GCSE Maths and English are preferred as well as an interest in Business or Finance.
• If English isn’t your first language an IELTS 5.5 is required.
Upon completion of the AAT level 2 & 3 course you will be qualified for jobs in accounting such as, Credit Controller, Accounts Officer or Assistant Accountant and will be able to take on more responsibility, earning up to £29,000.
You will be able to continue on to do the Level 4 Diploma, the final of the AAT accounting qualifications, you’d have gained the full skill set needed for Accounting.