The AAT Level 2 Certificate will give you a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of accounting, teaching you how to work with manual and computerised accounting systems, the process of Double-Entry Bookkeeping, Sage one accounts software, basic costing procedures and how to work effectively within the accounting department.
Having a background working in admin, secretarial or as a PA is also beneficial as you’d have naturally acquired general office skills and may have a vague understanding of business and management. Along with the course and your prior experience, you could excel in your accounting career.
If an in-depth knowledge of Accountancy and Finance is what you’re looking to do, you can continue on to do the level 3 diploma which builds on the skills you’ve already developed from the previous courses.
• Double AAT Awards 2016 winners
• All inclusive payment – no need to book exams
• Live online classes – not just pre-recorded
• Premium access to our Career Guidance Hub
• Flexible payment plans of 12, 24 and 36 months
• Study on your device, whenever and wherever suits you
• The best support for the new AAT synoptic assessments
There are some changes that have been made to syllabus including synoptic exams at the end of each level and the grading system has been made simpler.We have developed a dedicated module in the course to help support and prepare our students.
“Since having started on the course I’ve got a part-time job as an Invoice Processor. My goal is to complete all my AAT levels and go on to do my CIMA to become a Chartered Accountant.” – Beth Motts Hammond
If you want a successful career in Accountancy and Finance, gaining the Level 2 Certificate in Accounting is the first step; giving you the practical hands-on skills required for a Trainee Financial Accounts Assistant role.
• Bookkeeping transactions (BTRN)
• Bookkeeping Controls (BKCL)
• Elements of Costing (ELOC)
• Work effectively in accounting and finance (WEFN)
• Using Accounting Software (UCAS)
4 x Computer Based Assessments – taken at an external test centre.
1 x Synoptic assessment – taken at an external test centre.
What is included:
• Printed course materials and online eBooks
• Sage ONE Accounts software
• One-to-one tutorial support
• Regular live online classes
• 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
• Personalised individual study plan
• Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
• Exams and booking service
• Specialist Career Management service
What makes studying with Home Learning College different?:
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 92% pass rates: significantly higher than the AAT national average
• Largest distance learning provider for AAT qualifications
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone, email and online forums.
About the AAT
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the leading awarding body for skills based accounting qualifications, awarding 90% of all vocational qualifications in finance and accounting. These qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised making you highly attractive to employers.
• GCSE Maths and English is preferred.
• If English isn’t your first language an IELTS 5.5 is required.
Upon completion of the course you will be qualified for jobs in accounting such as, working as a Financial Accounts Assistant or a purchase ledger and will be able to get your career off to a brilliant start earning up to £25,000.
You will be accepted onto the Level 3 Diploma – the next step to achieving fully qualified Accounting Technician status with the opportunity for better earning potential and more career options.