With the football season about to kick-off, Accountancy Age has published its 2004 football finances survey, which reveals that most football clubs in England and Scotland expect to make a loss over the next year, showing a greater appreciation of the financial situation.
In this special report you can:
- read the 2004 football finance survey in full
- read an interview with Fulham FD, Andy Ambler
- find out why tax skills are important for foreign players
- read a profile of David Greenwood, FD of JJB Sports
- Column: Bryan Jackson of PKF on why football clubs are optimistic
- scroll through our archive of news, features and analysis
Does Darwin's theory apply to taxation? Colin ponders...
The EC has been instructed to draft a European Union (EU) directive authorising an EU financial transaction tax, which would apply to ten of the EU’s 28 member states
Accountancy watchdog the FRC has dropped its investigation into the former chief financial officer of Tesco, nearly two years after the supermarket was engulfed in an accounting scandal
Colin imagines how Apple's logo might change in the wake of the EC's ruling over its Irish tax arrangements