James Forte, director of social responsibility at Big Five firm KPMG, received an MBE for services to services to community volunteering, joining HLB Kidsons’ head of charities and education group, James Aston, who was similarly recognised for his services to education.
A number of high-ranking civil servants received the prestigious tile of CB, companion, Order of the Bath, awarded for service of the highest order.
These included Timothy Flesher, deputy chairman of the Inland Revenue, Raymond McAfee, director of regional business services at HM Customs and Excise and Jonathan Spencer, director general, business competitiveness at the DTI.
The full list of awards given to people working within accounting and finance functions is:
Lieutenant, Royal Victorian Order (LVO)
- Michael Stevens. Finance director, Royal Collection.
Member, Royal Victorian Order (MVO)
- Michael Robertson Hyde, Finance director, Business in the Community.
Commander of the British Empire (CBE)
- Peter Bareau, chief executive, National Savings Agency, HM Treasury
- David Challen, chairman, Practitioner Panel – services to the financial sector
- Margaret Hill, formerly assistant director, HM Board of Inland Revenue
Order of British Empire (OBE)
- David Ellis, director, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
- David Evans, director for security, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- David Parker, assistant director, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Roger Henry Sanbrook, leader, restrictions and sanctions team, H.M Board of Customs & Excise
- Karen Taylor, audit manager, National Audit Office
- Francis Worsley, Ex- complaints commissioner, Financial Services Authority, for services to financial regulation
Member or the British Empire (MBE)
- James Aston, partner, HLB Kidsons
- James Forte, director of social responsibility, KPMG
- Denise Kelly, facilities representative, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Paul Maguire, senior adviser, HM Board of Customs and Excise
- Joseph McKernan, revenue constable, HM Board of Customs and Excise
- Kathryn Mooney, operations caseworker, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Rita Perry, revenue Officer, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Kenneth Prayag, compliance manager, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Hilary Ross, formerly assistant director of Finance, Stockport Metropolitan
- Heather Smith, formerly divisional support team manager, HM Board of Inland Revenue
- Anthony Turnbull, project manager, HM Board of Inland Revenue
Mazars has announced the appointment of Michael Tripp as the new head of financial services
A new leader, Darra Singh has been appointed to lead EY’s UK government and public sector practice
MHA MacIntyre Hudson has partnered with cloud accounting software provider Xero ahead of the government’s requirement for digital records
Revenue and profitability growth in on the rise for CPA firms, found a survey from the American Institute of CPA’s and its subsidiary CPA.com