PracticeConsultingBAE Systems sells Astrium stake but takes control of MoD contract

BAE Systems sells Astrium stake but takes control of MoD contract

BAE Systems today sold its 25% stake in the European space joint venture Astrium to EADS for 165 million euros (£104.5m), in which EADS already holds the remaining 75% stake.

The two aerospace giants have also formed a joint venture company, Paradigm Secure Communications Ltd, to address the “service provision requirements” of the MoD’s Skynet 5 programme (see Management Consultancy April 2002).

BAE Systems will control the UK operations of the joint venture, and Paradigm will contract with Astrium for the manufacture and provision of satellites and ground systems.

The sale of BAE System’s stake in Astrium depends on the finalisation of the MoD’s Skynet 5 contract with Paradigm, expected around the end of 2002.

Related Articles

5 tips for SMEs to protect cash flow

Accounting Software 5 tips for SMEs to protect cash flow

5m Alia Shoaib, Reporter
Tyrie on Finance Bill 2017: ‘Making Tax Policy Better’

Consulting Tyrie on Finance Bill 2017: ‘Making Tax Policy Better’

11m Stephanie Wix, Writer
Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Richard Toone, CVR Global

Accounting Firms Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Richard Toone, CVR Global

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Deloitte 'self-imposes exile' on government contracts to defuse PM row

Accounting Firms Deloitte 'self-imposes exile' on government contracts to defuse PM row

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Julie Adams, Menzies

Accounting Firms Managing partner Q&A - the year ahead: Julie Adams, Menzies

12m Kevin Reed, Writer
Friday Afternoon Live: Deloitte's tech thing; PAC wants HMRC 'contingencies'; and Sports Direct

Business Regulation Friday Afternoon Live: Deloitte's tech thing; PAC wants HMRC 'contingencies'; and Sports Direct

1y Kevin Reed, Writer
Friday Afternoon Live: HMRC complaints rise; Deloitte scoops big audits; and corporate reporting woes

Audit Friday Afternoon Live: HMRC complaints rise; Deloitte scoops big audits; and corporate reporting woes

1y Kevin Reed, Writer
New head of equity capital markets for KPMG

Accounting Firms New head of equity capital markets for KPMG

1y Stephanie Wix, Writer