Christopher Lesley MP for Shipley attended an open day at the Inland Revenue Accounts Office in Shipley today. The open day was primarily for accountants and agents from across the country, and the aim, to improve the service and help offered to taxpayers.
The day included an opportunity for vistors to tour the site at Shipley and to see how the large volume of payments received daily are processed. In April an Accounts Office, Shipley record was broken when they received 125,000 items of post and banked a record #5bn over three consecutive days. There was an open forum where the accountants and agents were able to meet with managers from the Shipley and Cumbernauld Accounts Offices and share their thoughts and views on how the service provided could be improved to meet the changing needs of their clients.
Christopher Lesley, MP said:
“I am delighted to be here to support the Inland Revenue Accounts Offices in their efforts to provide the very highest standard of customer service in all areas of their business.”
Jack Warner, Director Accounts Office Shipley said:
“We are pleased to have the opportunity to meet with accountants and agents representing taxpayers from across the country. We will use this opportunity to identify ways that we can continue to improve the service to our shared customer, the taxpayer.”
1. The open day was for customers of both the Cumbernauld and the Shipley offices.
2. The Accounts Offices in Shipley and Cumbernauld have both been awarded the Charter Mark, which is the Government’s award for excellent public service.
3. Each of the Accounts Offices employ approximately 1000 staff, some of whom are part time. Each office has a customer base of approximately 5 million.
4. In addition to processing payments the offices both have significant clerical operations where they offer help and advice to taxpayers and accountants and provide support for tax offices across the country about payment related matters.
5. Both offices have achieved accreditation under the Investors in People scheme
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Accounts Offices are situated at the following addresses:
Accounts Office Shipley Accounts Office
Victoria Street Cumbernauld
Bradford G70 5TR
2. Photographs from the day are available from Inland Revenue Press Office.
Crowe Clark Whitehill , the top 20 accountancy firm, has announced the promotion of Chris Mould to partner
The latest opinions from Accountancy Age on Making Tax Digital, and outline plans to evolve the UK's corporate governance regime
Five million taxpayers are ow using digital personal tax accounts (PTA) as part of the making tax digital strategy, HMRC said
UK-based non-doms have paid ten times more tax than the average taxpayer, raising concerns over the Brexit impact on non-dom contributions and therefore, the economy