CIMA-trained accountant Brian Cass received the title Commander of the British Empire – CBE – for his contribution to medical research, despite HLS coming under severe criticism from animal-rights activists.
Last year, attacks on Cass and other directors prompted calls for director’s home addresses not to be published in annual reports, with the support of the ICAEW.
Roy Gardner, a certified accountant received the highest honour from the Queen, a knighthood as chief executive of Centrica (formerly British Gas) for his services to the electricity industries.
Another notable name is Frank Blin, head of UK Regions and Industries at PricewaterhouseCoopers, who receives a CBE for his services to the financial sector.
And an interesting name on the list of OBEs was Scotsman David Will, vice-president, executive committee of FIFA. He most recently came to blows with re-elected president Sepp Blatter, as head of an internal audit committee investigating FIFA’s finances.
Others honoured in accountancy and related fields:
- Stephen Mark Jeffrey Lamport ,private secretary and treasurer to the Prince of Wales. (CVO)
- Donna Claire Mowbray, accountant, Property Services. (MVO)
- Gillian Irene Wickham, payroll supervisor, Royal Household. (MVO)
- John Martin Curr, assistant chief accountant, Royal Household.
- Grahame Alexander Storey. accountant, Royal Studs.
Order of the British Empire
- John Harold Ebdon. deputy chief executive, Valuation Office Agency, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
- Graham John Hooker. head of detection, HM Board of Customs and Excise.
- Anthony Charles Sleeman. director, Southern England, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
- William John Burnett. audit manager, National Audit Office.
- Ann Dolphin. deputy change director, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
- Michael Vincent Garnett. area director, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
- Stella Newton. area director, HM Board of Inland Revenue.
HMRC breaches client confidentiality; and partner profits fall at EY. These stories and more discussed in Friday Afternoon Live
Two new audit partners have been appointed at the firm BDO in its audit practice following continued growth and investment
Changes to the tax system is urged to support the growth of entrepreneurs, found a report from the Grant Thornton UK, the Institute of Directors, and the Prelude Group
Six new partners have been revealed by top ten firm Mazars