The chancellor will address MPs at 12:30pm today, where he is expected to admit that public finances have continued to deteriorate.
Remember to go to www.accountancyage.com/prebudget03 to follow the speech as it happens, and for analysis and comment shortly afterwards.
Among other things, the chancellor is expected to:
- Revise borrowing forecasts from the April Budget
- Allocate an extra £800m to post-war efforts in Iraq
- Change tax rules to comply with ECJ rulings
- Cap pension tax breaks for individual pension funds at £1.4m
- Propose tax breaks for property investors
Does Darwin's theory apply to taxation? Colin ponders...
The EC has been instructed to draft a European Union (EU) directive authorising an EU financial transaction tax, which would apply to ten of the EU’s 28 member states
Accountancy watchdog the FRC has dropped its investigation into the former chief financial officer of Tesco, nearly two years after the supermarket was engulfed in an accounting scandal
Colin imagines how Apple's logo might change in the wake of the EC's ruling over its Irish tax arrangements