BusinessCompany NewsCorporate reporting standards fail to rise

Corporate reporting standards fail to rise

Despite the recent accounting scandals and the introduction of harsher legislation, nearly two thirds of finance departments admit to not fully meeting their company's reporting requirements.

Link: Untangling the Sarbanes-Oxley tape

Just 35% of finance departments are following reporting guidelines to the letter, while the remaining 65% said there was room for improvement, a survey by Softworld discovered.

In light of this, it was not then surprising that only 24% of those surveyed said the recent accounting scandals had impacted on the way they provided information.

Changes in regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and the Higgs report had a slightly bigger impact with a third of finance departments saying that these had increased pressure on their methods and speed of financial reporting.

The survey did however reveal a greater integration of software, with 59% of companies saying they now linked their accounting systems with other applications such as sales databases.

Related Articles

M&S business rate liabilities based on £570m rateable value

Company News M&S business rate liabilities based on £570m rateable value

3m Emma Smith, Managing Editor
BDO replaces Deloitte as Mitie auditor

Audit BDO replaces Deloitte as Mitie auditor

7m Emma Smith, Managing Editor
CVR Global appoints partner in London office

Company News CVR Global appoints partner in London office

11m Alia Shoaib, Reporter
FTSE100 failing to provide adequate ethics information

Company News FTSE100 failing to provide adequate ethics information

11m Alia Shoaib, Reporter
Moore Stephens recruits new private client partner

Accounting Firms Moore Stephens recruits new private client partner

1y Emma Smith, Managing Editor
Magma Group announces merger, partner promotions

Accounting Firms Magma Group announces merger, partner promotions

1y Emma Smith, Managing Editor
BDO on ‘recruitment spree’ with multiple partner appointments

Accounting Firms BDO on ‘recruitment spree’ with multiple partner appointments

1y Emma Smith, Managing Editor
Brand strength leads to fee income growth for RSM

Accounting Firms Brand strength leads to fee income growth for RSM

1y Emma Smith, Managing Editor