The latest insolvency figures were released today by the Department of Trade
and Industry, showing that insolvencies topped 100,000 in 2006 – an increase of
59% over the previous year’s 67,584.
The latest figures show:
- The total number of IVAs for 2006 (Q1 – Q4) is 44,331, an increase of 118%
over the previous full year (2005, Q1 – Q4), 20,293.
- The latest quarter shows an overall increase in individual insolvencies of
7.1% over the previous quarter and 44.1% on the same quarter last year.
- IVAs, in particular, rose by 3.9% and 81.9% respectively.
- Individual bankruptcies rose by 9.6% and 24.6% respectively.
- For Q4 2006, IVAs represented 43% of total individual insolvencies,
compared with 34% for the same quarter a year ago.
Number of Insolvencies in England and Wales (seasonally adjusted).
Political and economic uncertainty behind the fall in confidence
Just Racing Services, operating company of the Manor Racing Formula One team has entered administration
Last year 16 oil and gas companies became insolvent, finds Top Ten firm Moore Stephens
Team Rock the publication of classic rock is in administration with FRP Advisory