‘PeopleSoft executives are traveling around telling customers that we will “kill” PeopleSoft’s products and force them to move to Oracle’s applications,’ Ellison said in a statement.
‘These are lies and scare tactics. We will continue to develop and improve PeopleSoft’s products for at least the next ten years – even longer, if customers require further support.’
Ellison said that PeopleSoft customers would be free to stay on PeopleSoft applications or migrate to Oracle applications at their discretion.
‘Don’t be a victim of scare tactics. We would not offer more than $6bn in cash unless we really wanted you to be our customers. Our investment only pays off for our shareholders if we keep you happy. And we will. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority,’ Ellison added.
‘We know how to do this. Ask any customer from our relational (Rdb) database acquisition from Digital Equipment Corporation. Nearly nine years later, we are still providing world-class support to thousands of Rdb customers running mission-critical applications,’ he said.
But the UK Oracle User Group has expressed concern that with PeopleSoft on board it will reduce competition in the sector.
Paul Parnis, applications director for the UKOUG, said: ‘Reducing the number of competitors alleviates the pressure on Oracle to deliver. They may slow the introduction of product developments, or not maintain the same level of customer support.’
Oracle made a set of public commitments to PeopleSoft customers:
1. We will not shut down PeopleSoft products.
2. You will not be forced to convert to Oracle E-Business Suiteapplications.
3. We will provide high quality, truly global customer service forPeopleSoft products through our award-winning customer supportorganisation, which will include PeopleSoft specialists.
4. We will extend the support period for PeopleSoft products beyond thetimeframe PeopleSoft itself has committed to and into the next decade.5. We will take no action that reduces the functionality of yourPeopleSoft implementations.
6. We will increase the value of your PeopleSoft investments throughongoing enhancements and maintenance delivered by one of the largestsoftware development organisations in the world.
7. If and only if you elect to do so, you may move to the OracleE-Business Suite via free module-for-module upgrades.
Mark McMullen joins the private client services team from Smith & Williamson
Merger between Clear & Lane Chartered Accountants and Magma Chartered Accountants was finalised on 3 February
BDO has taken its new partner intake to 23 during the first half of its financial year, including the appointment of five partners in five weeks
The firm reports 7.6% global fee income growth for the year ending 31 December 2016