UK no tax haven, say Accountancy Age readers

by Calum Fuller

More from this author

04 Jul 2014

  • Comments

THE UK IS NOT in any danger of becoming a tax haven despite significant government moves to make the UK more attractive to business with favourable tax measures including generous reliefs, according to Accountancy Age readers.

Asked if the government had "overshot making UK attractive to investors and instead created a tax haven", 73% of the 137 readers polled answered ‘no', with the remaining 27% suggesting it had.

The government has attempted to stimulate business throughout this parliament using a variety of reliefs and allowances, which Public Accounts Committee chairwoman and Labour MP Margaret Hodge queried in a recent hearing due to the perceived scope for discrepancies.

Take part in the latest Accountancy Age poll here.

Are Teresa Graham's measures around reforming pre-pack administrations unworkable?

Visitor comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
display:none

Add your comment

We won't publish your address


By submitting a comment you agree to abide by our Terms & Conditions

Your comment will be moderated before publication

Submit
  • Send

Appointments to University Committees

University of Glasgow 120x60University of Glasgow - Glasgow - unremunerated positions

 

 

Newsletters

Get the latest financial news sent directly to your inbox

  • Best Practice
  • Business
  • Daily Newsletter
  • Essentials

Careers

Search for jobs
Click to search our database of all the latest accountancy roles

Create a profile
Click to set up your profile and let the best recruiters find you

Jobs by email
Sign up to receive regular updates with the latest roles suitable for you

Briefings

budget-management

Why budgeting fails: One management system is not enough

If budgeting is to have any value at all, it needs a radical overhaul. In today's dynamic marketplace, budgeting can no longer serve as a company's only management system; it must integrate with and support dedicated strategy management systems, process improvement systems, and the like. In this paper, Professor Peter Horvath and Dr Ralf Sauter present what's wrong with the current approach to budgeting and how to fix it.

cchcover

iXBRL: Taking stock. Looking forward

In this white paper CCH provide checklists to help accountants and finance professionals both in practice and in business examine these issues and make plans. Also includes a case study of a large commercial organisation working through the first year of mandatory iXBRL filing.